Construction is nearing completion on the 250,000 square foot expansion of SMC’s Progress Place facility. With this addition, SMC will have 410,000 square feet under roof on this site and be able to consolidate converting operations with our finished good warehouse under one roof. Several parts of the facility are in use – as things begin to wrap up including:
- The ring road is complete, allowing tractor trailer traffic to travel completely around the building.
- The rail spur to the north side of the building will be in use by early May following the installation of the switch by BNSF in late April.
- West side parking lots are being prepped for mid-April completion.
- Mainline Conveyor extension into the new facility is complete – including our new dual stage strapping system.
- The Bobst Expertfold 300 A-4 is installed and operational. Crews are gaining experience daily.
- Installation of the Ward 66x125 G-Graphix 6 Color Rotary Die Cutter, and the Ward 66x125 G-Graphix 3 Color Flexo-Folder Gluer are still on schedule for late-June, 2020.
Please see the recent photographs and stay tuned for more updates.