Quality and Technical Services Manager
Come enjoy life in beautiful southwest Missouri. A career at SMC Packaging Group means making a difference, and being valued and appreciated. Having advancement opportunities and being a key player in the growth of our family and employee-owned company has many rewards. Of course you need more information, so visit the links below to discover what Springfield, MO and SMC Packaging can offer you.
General Description of Position:
The Quality and Technical Services (QTS) Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining the quality assurance system that promotes financial performance and growth of SMC Packaging Group. This position will lead and maintain an effective quality management system (QMS) that will support an environment of continuous improvement and promote best manufacturing practices. This position will also oversee the Quality Testing Lab (and staff) and will supervise the regular testing of raw materials, design samples, combined board and finished boxes as efficient, cost effective solutions are developed and delivered to our customer base. The QTS Manager will coordinate internal and external testing services, and serve as the lead for special projects relating to materials and packaging compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Quality and Technical Services Manager will be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Will oversee and update the Quality Manual, Procedure Manual, Work Instructions, and Reports and Forms.
- Trains and monitors the safety of all staff activities within the Quality Department.
- Manages and develops the implementation and integration on the Quality Management System throughout all SMC facilities.
- Serves as a resource to Corporate Executives, Department Heads, and Quality Department personnel within SMC.
- Coordinates the education and training on the Quality Management System at all locations within SMC.
- Assists in developing HazMat and UN testing protocols as defined by the Federal Register, ASTM, and MIL. Requirements.
- Serves as the primary quality control resource for problem identification and resolution, loss reporting, and will oversee the Discrepancy Reporting (DR) system to insure proper usage and value.
- Performs root cause analysis and will drive continuous improvement through the Corrective Action process.
- Will maintain the Corrective Action database, manage all CA activities, and generate database quality reporting for management review / analysis.
- Maintains high standards of quality and productivity through training and reinforcement of best practices.
- Works consistently with Converting and Corrugator crews – and performs process capability studies as the Company endeavors to improve setup times and increase throughput on all equipment.
- Identifies appropriate performance measures for Quality and Technical Services and establishes a continuous improvement mindset.
- Cooperates with all Departments to assist with customer satisfaction and production goals.
- Enforces handbook and procedural policies, as established by SMC Packaging Group.
- Provides performance coaching, counseling, correction, and discipline, according to the handbook. Documentation of each intervention method is documented.
- Conducts performance evaluations on the QA staff that accurately and constructively provide feedback.
- Practices good housekeeping habits in all work areas, and emphasizes the same in employees.
- Assists in other areas or with other duties, as needed and directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following attributes and/or skills:
- Post-secondary degree and/or experience in leadership and/or expertise in the corrugated industry.
- Critical thinking, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Professional communication abilities.
- Training and Teaching Skills
- Conflict Resolution skills.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft suites, Kiwi, FFF, Linux).
- Organization skills.
- Writing/documentation ability.
- Positive attitude.
It is the policy and commitment of SMC Packaging Group that it does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, or religion.
TO APPLY: Send your resume' and cover letter to Donna.Roberts@smcpackaging.com